ECO Canada invites you to participate in its inaugural photo contest to celebrate the natural beauty of Canada’s environmental landscape and the dynamic people in the environmental workforce.
Put your photography skills to the test by submitting your best environmental photos and capture Mother Nature in all its glory and win a $400 Best Buy gift card.
Who can participate?
Anyone with a camera and a love for the environment is welcome to submit a photo in the contest. There is no limit on the number of photos you are allowed to enter.
What kind of pictures are you looking for?
ECO is looking for photos in the following categories:
• Working in the environment
• Environmental industry/sites
• Abstract nature
All pictures must be high resolution digital photos (minimum 5x7, 300 dpi). Photos must be of Canadian work sites and wilderness – Sorry, photos of the Brazilian rainforest are cool, but not applicable for this contest.
How do I enter?
The entry form will be available shortly. Get started by taking your photos now!
How will the winning photos be chosen?
All contest entries must be submitted by February 12th, 2010
ECO Canada will select 10 finalists for each category and we will put the final vote out to you, the public, to decide which photo deserves to be the grand prize winner. We encourage your friends and family to vote on your behalf.
Stayed tuned for voting details!
What do the winners receive?
1 winner will be selected for each category (4 prizes total).
Working in the environment - $400 Best Buy Gift Card (1)
Environmental industry/sites - $400 Best Buy Gift Card (1)
Abstract nature - $200 Best Buy Gift Card (1)
Landscapes - $200 Best Buy Gift Card (1)
All winners will have their photos showcased on the ECO Canada website.
• It’s not just winter all the time – Show us what Canada looks like all year round.
• Check your archive – If you already have a great environmental photo, submit that to our contest. You do not need to take a new photo to participate.
• Get permission – If you take photos of any people, be sure that you have received their permission to use their likeness in our contest. ECO Canada is not liable for any damages or compensation – See all the legal jargon in our Rules and Regulations